Thursday, August 01, 2013

Prime Time Viewing


As promised, I have actually primed my first batch of wagons. Here we have two Ratio iron minks, two Ratio open C tube wagons, two Cambrian Models Dia. N30 loco coal wagons, a Cooper Craft Dia. 04 open five plank wagon with sheet rail, another Cooper Craft open, this time a Dia. 05 open 4 plank wagon, a Cooper Craft Dia. V5 Mink Van, Also here is the Ian Kirk V7 Mink C van described in a previous post and the underframe of a Mainline Mogo van, on which I have replaced the original couplings with three links.

I used Halfords grey plastic primer from a can which went on nice and easily, the primer has really bought out a lot of the details, especially the rivet detail on the iron minks. The flat finish showing the relief of the mouldings much better than the satin finish of the plastic.


I have also sprayed the two Cambrian Models Dia. T13 Chaired Sleeper wagons, below is a sneak peek of the black finish and progress of applying the transfers.


Next post I hope to show the finished sleeper wagons...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...